License Verification #47687
Ted Gilmour, C.P.I. is an industry recognized professional with a commitment to best practice in client service and reporting excellence.You are guaranteed my independence from real estate agent influence and 100% home buyer advocacy.
- ASTTBC certified CPI “Certified Property Inspector” (Certification # PI0017).
- BCIT trained: Home Inspection, Building Envelope Science, Building Code
- RCABC Roofing courses: all roofing types
- 20 years as a renovation and new construction contractor
- 17+ years experience in home/property inspection
- Continuing education through industry seminars and technical courses
Home Inspector Certification Controversy
If a real estate agent tells you a particular inspector is not approved by the real estate board of BC or is not approved by a particular real estate board or brokerage, quite simply, the agents are maneuvering information to sway your choice of inspector to a lesser threat to their sale. The real estate board does not regulate or have control over home inspectors or access to inspection work.
If an inspector is licensed he/she will be insured and qualified. You can research it for yourself at Consumer Protection BC.
Product & Service that EXCEEDS accepted industry standards.
- An inspection that is thorough and rigorous.
- The illustrated custom Inspection Report is a guide-book to your potential home. You get detailed documentation of the property’s components and its current condition, together with an informed evaluation of problems, potential issues, probable causes and appropriate solutions.
- The report review and consultation provides you with the knowledge and understanding to make an informed purchase decision.
- The level of service is driven by a sincere and principled dedication to the exclusive interests of my home-buying clients over those of the real estate agents. *
- This dedicated service is available to you seven days of the week.
* I am not against real estate agents I am simply performing the duty of Home Buyer Advocate for the person who is making the complex and large financial property purchasing decision.
It may make sound business sense for inspection companies to cultivate relationships within the real estate sector. For most inspection companies, realtor referrals provide their core source of business. But that’s not how I work. I believe:
- Inspector/realtor business relationships are a conflict of interest that compromises professional ethics and integrity.
- The professional duty of a home inspector is to be completely INDEPENDENT of third party interests and deliver best practice service to the home-buyer rather than to serve from under the thumb of an agent.
- The inspector and the inspection process must be independent of any realtor influence.
- I am committed to the delivery of best practice to the client, and to redefining industry standards of professional ethics to this end.
- I believe my industry must be completely independent of realtor affiliations.
- I campaign to keep these issues firmly at the forefront of our industry’s agenda.
- I lobby for legislative and licensing revisions that prohibit realtor referrals and improve consumer confidence in the Home Inspection Industry. It’s like pulling teeth
For Independent Home Inspectors Outside of BC please go to independentinspectors.org