Inspection Fees → It’s An Investment!
Ted is dedicated to being Your Home Buying Advocate → before, during and after the inspection.
< 700 sq. ft. = $550.00
< 1,500 sq. ft. = $600.00
< 2,000 sq. ft. = $650.00
< 2,500 sq. ft. = $675.00
< 3,000 sq. ft. = $700.00
< 3,500 sq. ft. = $750.00
< 4,000 sq. ft. = $800.00
< 4,500 sq. ft. = $850.00
< 1,000 sq. ft. = $500.00
< 1,500 sq. ft. = $550.00
< 2,000 sq. ft. = $575.00
< 2,500 sq. ft. = $600.00
< 3,000 sq. ft. = $650.00
< 3,500 sq. ft. = $700.00
< 4,000 sq. ft. = $750.00
< 4,500 sq. ft. = $775.00
* My House Inspections are a 2 Day Process.
- The inspection process is customized to your specific situation/property. It is not a product I pull of a shelf.
- Day 1: Client participation in strongly encouraged, for best results. All of my clients who participated are grateful to have attended the entire inspection. It’s an invaluable educational experience. And yeah, it’s even fun. → Testimonials
- Inspections (with the client) begin at 9:30 AM, when possible.
- Day 2: The Inspection Report is reviewed at approximately 6:30 PM (The report review for properties over 4,000 sq. ft. sometimes take an extra day to complete. Review will take place on Day 3 in those cases.)
- The report is not a simple checklist or boilerplate. It specifically represents all factors of your home including: maintenance, repair and replacement details. → Sample Report
- There is no need to be overwhelmed if significant deficiencies or defects are uncovered during the inspection. The understanding you will gain about repair procedures and their cost implications only serve to make your purchase decision an informed decision.
- Major defects or accumulated deficiencies, when supported by photos and detailed descriptions, can often be persuasive in re-negotiating the selling price.
Possible Additional Charges:
- Extra Suites: $80 per additional suite
- Travel to Inspection Site: over 20 kilometers is charged at $20 plus $2/km over the first 20km
- Vancouver, North & West Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam & Port Coquitlam and Port Moody- no travel charge
- Crawlspace Fee: $75.00 per 1,000 sq. ft.
- Building Age: $40.00 per 1,000 sq. ft. for buildings over 16 years old
- 50% of quoted fee will be billed if cancelled within 24 hours of inspection.
Your best Guarantee is a thorough inspection, some inspection companies offer a full refund up to 30 days. Well… that isn’t much of a guarantee nor compensation if the inspector misses major defects. Yes it’s easy to understand why an inspection company would want to limit their liability by refunding your fee. This is no more than an underhanded deception – you see the word Guarantee and are reassured. This is no different than what the majority of home inspection company’s contracts specify: their liability is limited to the fee charged.